WIU Ranks Among Most Affordable Online Elementary Ed Graduate Programs
January 19, 2017
To learn more about Western, visit wiu.edu/about. To schedule a campus visit, go to wiu.edu/visit. Prospective graduate students can schedule a visit at wiu.edu/grad/visit.
MACOMB/MOLINE, IL — Western Illinois University’s online master’s curriculum and instruction degree program has been ranked by BestMastersDegrees.com among 30 top-ranked and most affordable online elementary education master’s programs. Western is ranked 24th, and is the only Illinois public school appearing in the top 30 rankings.
According to BestMastersDegrees.com, the site reviewed 113 accredited colleges and universities that offered an online master’s in elementary education, early childhood education or closely related program. The information used to determine the initial pool of schools was taken from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) College Navigator.
Among this pool, institutions were chosen that had rankings from at least one major publication, such as Forbes, The Princeton Review or U.S.News and World Report. BestMastersDegrees.com then selected the 30 most affordable of these recognized institutions based on recent graduate tuition/fees, according to College Navigator. Schools appearing on the list are ranked in order of affordability.
For more information on WIU’s curriculum and instruction master’s degree program, visit http://ift.tt/2iGB6I3.
The BestMasters rating is the latest accolade for Western. During the 2016-2017 academic year, Western received a variety of recognitions including:
• U.S.News & World Report – 49th of 122 public and private schools on the top tier list of “Best Regional Universities.” Western is one of two Illinois public universities appearing in the top 50. Of the 37 Midwestern public universities included, Western ranked ninth among the 113 Midwestern universities recognized as a “Best Midwestern University” (12th consecutive year ranked). Along with the “Best Midwestern” ranking, Western is also recognized as a “Best College for Veterans” (Midwest). WIU ranks 29th out of 44 Midwestern colleges and universities, and is one of two Illinois public universities in the rankings.
• Princeton Review – One of 156 regional universities, and one of three Illinois public institutions, named to the “Best in the Midwest” (13 consecutive years ranked).
• Military Times EDGE magazine – Selected as a 2017 “Best for Vets College” – Top 175 Schools. Western, ranked 13th (up from 15th in the 2016 rankings), was the only Illinois public four-year university in the top 50 and was one of two Illinois public universities in the top 95 (seventh consecutive year ranked).
• Victory Media – “Military Friendly School” by “G.I. Jobs” magazine (Victory Media) (eighth consecutive year). Achieved “Gold” School Status in the “Large Public School” category (more than 10,000 students).
• Washington Monthly College Guide – A “Best Bang for the Buck” Midwestern school. Western is 37th among 376 Midwestern colleges and universities and among six Illinois public universities in the top 50 of the Midwestern school rankings (fourth consecutive year). Western was also ranked 91st among 634 master’s degree granting institutions from across the nation, and 80th among 100 best four year colleges for adult learners by the Washington Monthly.
• Onlinecolleges.com – “Most Affordable Four-Year Online Colleges in Illinois.” Western is one of five Illinois public universities recognized. Western is also ranked fourth out of 12 Illinois public institutions as a “Top Online College,” and 375th out of 1,902 four-year public institutions across the U.S.
• College Choice – 2016 Best Midwestern Regional University and 2016 Best Online RN to BSN Degree Program. Western was among three Illinois public universities ranked in the top 50 as a Best Midwestern Regional University, and was one of two Illinois public university nursing programs ranked in the top 50. Western was ranked 44th and 18th, respectively.